How to Download Norton Setup
When it comes down to giving safe and sound security solutions, Norton tops the list of the best antivirus programs in the world that gives top-notch and robust security solutions for Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, and other devices. Norton gives a broad range of programs giving you the options to pick the one as per your wants and device configurations. Have you purchased any Norton product or service? Not sure how to set it up on your device. Here you will get all the steps required for Norton setup. Norton setup comprises of three main steps: Download, Install, and Activate.
Uninstall Norton Setup
Before beginning with the install process of Norton, make sure that no other Norton antivirus or security suite or any security suite from a different brand is installed on the computer. The product can come from any vendor. It does not have to be from Norton. If you attempt to install the Norton program even when there is already a security suite installed, the newly installed program shall not run because of conflicts. For this reason, if a security suite is installed on the device, then uninstall before installing the new Norton program. For removing existing antivirus software, head over to the Control Panel, if using Windows PC, and then click on Remove Programs. After removing the Norton Security software, you can setup your Norton Product.
Before you proceed with the Norton Setup, ensure that the requirements mentioned below and complied with:
- Make sure that the device on which the setup is to be done has a stable internet connection.
- Norton Remove and Reinstall tool shall not be able to uninstall Norton Utilities and Norton Family.
- The Norton Identity Safe local vault cannot be removed by NrR tool.
Norton Product Activation Key For Setup
If you have purchased the Norton security suite from the internet, then go to your registered email. In the inbox, you will find an email sent at the time of purchase. This order confirmation mail shall contain a product activation key. The product activation key will contain 25 alphanumeric characters. If you have gone to a retail store for buying Norton product, then open the package and find the activation key there. It will be printed on the retail card.
Steps To Download Norton Setup
Did you buy a Norton software such as Norton Antivirus? Do you wish to download the same on your PC? Apply the steps provided here to download Norton antivirus or security software on the system:
- Firstly you have to download the setup from norton.com/setup.
- Click on the download button. The executable file shall be small in size. It shall not be more than 2MB.
- The installation wizard shall get the remaining files which are needed to install the Norton software on the device.
- Once the download process is over, users can determine if they should or should not enroll to Norton Community Watch, so that the Norton software can give safety warning report back to Symantec on its own. Consumers are highly advised to join it because it enables Norton to respond more quickly and efficiently.
How to Install Norton Setup?
Did you complete the download process? Not sure what to do next? Here are some steps you need to apply to install Norton on your device:
- Go to www.norton.com/setup and log in.
- In the home page, click on Download Norton.
- Click on Agree in the Terms and Conditions window.
- Run the downloaded executable file by double-clicking on it.
- Click on continue.
- Follow the guidelines on the screen.
- The installation will complete in a couple of minutes.
- Restart the system.
Norton Setup Activation
So now that you have downloaded and installed the Norton software, you must be wondering: What next? Before you start using and enjoying the safety offered by Norton, you have to activate it. Activation is necessary to authenticate your copy of the software. Learn how to activate Norton software below:
- After the Norton installation is achieved, you have to activate your copy of Norton software.
- To achieve that, you need to launch Norton.
- In the topmost right-hand edge of the user interface, detect the Help option.
- Click on Help and after that let the Help Center Page appear.
- Proceed to the Account information option.
- Find and then tap on Enter Product Key.
- In the box given in the window, type the 25 character alphanumeric product key/code. Make sure that it is correct.
- Go to Next.
- Heed the directions presented on the screen.
- Go to Next.
- Lastly, click on Done.
- When the Norton product is activated, the user interface shall open. The Norton UI is easy to navigate and straightforward.