Norton Antivirus is a renowned and robust security product. It provides complete real time protection from all sorts or viruses and malware attacks. Norton antivirus provides protection for an array of devices like smart phones, laptops, desktop computers, macbooks, notebooks, tablets, etc. nothing in the world is perfect. Even the super efficient and competent Norton antivirus is prone to errors which may prevent the users from using it. Sometimes, because of either technical specifications or wrong usage, Norton antivirus may show an error message. Here are some common Norton errors and ways to fix them:
Error 3048, 3
Error 3048, 3 is a common error which usually shows up during the process of installation of Norton antivirus. Apart from stopping the installation, it also crashes the running program window. This error results in incomplete or unsuccessful installation. Apart from this, Error 3048, 3 can also show up when the window registry corrupted or the windows system files are infected at the time of installation. Here are the steps to fix Error 3048,3.
- Launch the Norton Antivirus
- Click on Security Live Update
- When the update is complete click on OK
- Run the live update.
- When the latest protection updates are successfully downloaded and run, restart your computer.
Error 8504, 104
The Error Code 8504, 104 usually comes when the computer system has conflicting internet security software or another antivirus solution installed. It can also appear when there is a failure in installation when the software is updated with its latest version. To fix this error, you will have to uninstall the conflicting antivirus software and remove it completely from the hard disk. Apart from happening due to execution of another security program, it may happen due to installation errors. Here is a quick way to troubleshoot this error:
- Go to the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- Run the tool and remove Norton.
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select “Uninstall or change a program.”
- Remove all the other security solutions
- In order to update the Video graphics driver, go to Device Manager
- Select Display adapter
- Right click on HD graphics card and then click on Properties
- Check for the available updates on the Driver window.
- Download and install the latest updates for graphics card driver.
- Restart your computer.
Error 8506, 421
Error Code 8506 421 is an extremely common error which can be easily fixed by rebooting the computer. Although, owing to certain setbacks, this error may pop up again but it can be fixed by reinstalling the Norton antivirus program. Here are the steps to fix Error 8506, 421:
- Reboot the computer
- Go to the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and run it.
- Carefully follow the on screen instructions and remove the Norton antivirus.
- Install the Norton antivirus.
- If the error still exists, download Norton Power Eraser.
- Run the Norton Power Eraser.
- Open the NPE.exe file
- Click on continue.
- Select “Accept” in the license agreement.
- Go to the Norton Power Eraser window
- Click on Unwanted Application Scan
- Click Uninstall when the scan is complete.
- Follow the on screen instructions and finish the unistallation process.
- Reboot the computer.
Error 8505, 129
Error Code 8505, 129 is directly caused due to the proxy settings of the computer network. It can be easily resolved by removing and reinstalling Norton antivirus software. To fix this kind of error, you will have to run an advanced scan to remove any faulty settings and viruses. Here are the steps to fix this error:
- Click start. Enter Internet Options in the search option.
- Press enter to launch the Internet options window.
- Click on Connections.
- Select LAN settings.
- Ensure whether any of the Proxy server boxes are checked or not.
- Click on OK.
- Click on Apply and then hit OK button.
If you are still having errors related to Norton antivirus and you need help to fix them, contact the Norton antivirus support team. Norton antivirus customer service is made up of skilled professionals who work round the clock to provide instant solutions. To know more about Norton antivirus activation, visit the website www.norton.com/setup.