When your device gets infected with a virus, it results in the loss of time and eventually money. At the same time, it can be really frustrating to locate the virus and to quarantine or remove it completely. Even the best of IT technicians could be left baffled by the reproduction of the virus and how it can be tackled in one go. What’s worse is that since most computers are connected through networks, the infection could easily spread and affect other devices too! Furthermore, there is always the stress of losing important (and in some cases, confidential) data.
Naturally, any business, organization, or even individual would like to avoid all the harassment caused by such a malicious entity that can threaten the security and safety of your devices. Therefore, it is essential to safeguard your device by using a reliable Antivirus software. Norton is singularly the most trusted and reliable software in the world. Thus, getting your hands on a copy of Norton Antivirus would be a prudent investment. Visit norton.com/download and get Norton antivirus setup.
How to download and install Norton Setup?
To keep your device secure, you need to download and install your Norton suite. Make sure that you have a proper internet connection. Also, remove any conflicting software before downloading the Norton setup. Follow the steps given here and download and install your Norton software:
- Firstly, you need to visit norton.com/setup.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on the Download Norton button.
- After providing the activation key, proceed to Next.
- Read the terms and click on Agree and Download.
- When the setup file is downloaded, click on Run.
- After that, click on the Continue button in the User Account Control screen.
- Follow the on-screen directions.
- Let the installation complete.
How to download and install Norton on another device?
Did you know that your Norton antivirus can be installed on multiple computers? Interestingly, the account that is created on Norton gives you the ability to install the software on different computers. You will notice that a product key and serial number is assigned to your Norton account. The account also contains how many licensed installs are available to you, which you can install on other computers. Here is a method for downloading Norton antivirus on a different computer. Once you have 1 or more install available, all you need to do is follow the steps given below to download and install Norton on another computer:
- Turn on the computer on which you wish to install Norton Antivirus. Close all or any programs that are running on the device.
- Open your browser and go to the official Norton webpage at www.norton.com/setup and find out the sign in button for your Norton Account (It will be available under the Resources tab)
- Enter in your log in credentials (that is, your email ID and password associated with the Norton account) and click on the Sign In button.
- In the landing page, click on the name of your Norton service that you have availed to reveal the activation code and serial number.
Tip: You may note it down on a piece of paper or copy and paste it on a Notepad and save it on your local disk drive. It is vital that you save these credentials since it becomes the unique product identity that verifies your purchase.
- Click on Downloads in the Menu and choose “Start Download,” click on “Save file” in the pop-up.
- Once the file is completely downloaded, Norton Download Manager will begin the process of installing the software on your system. The Norton Download Manager will guide you through the complete installation, so you do not have to be tech savvy to complete this step.
- When the software offers the prompt, enter your product key into the product key field. Your Norton Antivirus will now be activated!
- Restart your computer to finish off the installation.
- Since the Norton files are large and voluminous, it may be possible that your download could get interrupted midway (if you have a snag in your internet connection) but don’t worry, you can resume your download in the Norton Download Manager.
Steps To Activate Norton Setup
Activating Norton is the final step in Norton setup. It is very easy to activate your Norton product, as long as you have a valid product key. You need to activate your Norton product even if you reinstall it. Here is how you can activate Norton:
- Copy the 25 characters alpha-numeric product activation code/key. You will find it in your email or along with the Setup box.
- Now, launch the newly installed Norton program by double-clicking on its icon.
- In the main screen of Norton, click on Activate.
- After that, paste the previously copied activation code in the box.
- Click on the Next button.
- Follow the prompts, and your product will get activated.